swfDevice is an R package I am developing that produces swf (flash) files natively from R.
If anyone can step up and help get a working windows build up and running that would be great! I have little expertise with windows and I am just about stuck as what to do next. The task involved linking to some precompiled dlls and such since ming depends on libpng, zlib, libungig and freetype. If you would like to help, send me an email (cameron.bracken [at] gmail.com).
Todo before initial CRAN release:
- Working windows build that does not crash when any operation is performed
- option to wrap swf output in HTML
Todo in the future (possibly before initial release but probably not):
- xCharOffset yCharOffset
- ipr: pixels per inch
- cra: default character size in pixels
- canClip: will be much harder than tikzDevice
- canHAdj: not supported
- startps: ditto
- hasTextUTF8: should be possible with ming
- wantSymbolUTF8: ditto
Implement remaining graphics parameters
- metricInfo (is currently returning the same metrics for all characters, this is bad but does not severely affect the text placement)